Auto accidents are by far the leading cause of personal injury claims in the United States, and here in Birmingham. Every minute, ten accidents occur in our country and three of those accidents injure people. Our Birmingham auto accident attorneys represent people injured in auto accidents and help get their lives back on track. The immediate days, weeks, and sometimes even years after an auto accident, can be difficult for people who are suffering from life-changing or even minor injuries. The entire focus of our auto accident attorneys is to get you back to your normal life.
- • Your Rights After an Auto Accident
- • What To Do After an Auto Accident
- • Working With Insurance Companies
- • Our Experience as Birmingham Auto Accident Attorneys
Your Rights After an Auto Accident
People injured by the carelessness of someone else often have a right to be paid for their pain and suffering. The auto accident attorneys at Gathings Law know all of the ways that an auto accident can impact your life and will make sure you are fully compensated. The law says that auto accident victims in Birmingham can in many cases receive money for pain and suffering, medical bills and lost wages because of the accident. In come cases, Birmingham auto accident attorneys can even collect punitive damages for you.
Our Birmingham auto accident lawyers know there are many ways they can help auto accident victims in Birmingham and across Alabama and it is important that they all be identified. We will work with you to identify all of the ways an auto accident has impacted your life, and we will help to make you whole again.
What to Do If You are Involved in an Auto Accident
If you are in an accident, there are several important steps to take on the scene and soon after the accident. Here are a few of the steps:
- Stay calm and make sure everyone is safe. If anyone is injured, call 911 right away.
- Check for damage to your car and any other car involved in the accident.
- Take pictures of the damage and of the scene. Take pictures of the license plates so you don’t forget the information.
- Take notes. Record information about what happened ans what the conditions were while it is still fresh in your mind. Write down the other license plates and descriptions of the automobiles.
- Get information from witnesses. Get the names and contact information for anyone that saw the auto accident.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Keep track of any money you have to spend out-of-pocket and keep track of everything you had to do related to the accident.
- Don’t automatically agree to anything insurance companies tell you. You don’t have to accept their first offer for damages.
- If you have any trouble, contact us and hear how we can help you.
Working with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are not your friends and their goal is not to get you the most money possible. Their goal is to protect their own bottom line. Even your own insurance company does not necessarily have your best interest at heart.
At Gathings Law, we have experienced auto accident lawyers in Birmingham who will see you through this difficult time and look out for your best interests. Let us deal with the insurance companies and their attorneys, so you can concentrate on taking care of yourself and your family.
The Auto Accident Experience You Need
When you are looking for an auto accident attorney in Birmingham, look for someone who is on the cutting edge of the legal field. For decades, Lloyd Gathings has consistently been an innovator in defending the rights of his clients. He is believed to be the first plaintiff’s counsel in Alabama to perform actual crash tests to make sure the people who responsible for injuring his clients are held responsible.
If you are looking for a Birmingham auto accident attorney, call us for a free consultation and hear how we can help get you through this difficult time.